Benefits of Facilitating (Have Better Facilitation)
Today's post is about benefits experienced by everyone involved in and with an organization when manager-leaders and organization development staff work together to become AWESOME facilitators.
Taking a different tact >>> the benefits listed here are for your comment … I've not expanded on them. I encourage you to select one of the benefits, write a comment and submit it into the comment box below. All readers will benefit from your insights …
To get the process started I will select one and add my story. Therefore, you comment on my story and/or add another benefit story.
The 14 + Your Benefits
1) Increase participant time on task in process
2) Reinforce participant learning-for-knowing and knowing-for-learning
3) Improve opportunity for knowledge generation
4) Improve critical action reflection and reflective thought
5) Increase participant’s responsibility for self-learning
6) Increase participant breakthrough on facilitated topic
7) Improve relational support among participants
8) Increase likelihood to turn emotional passivity into emotional energy
9) Improve social skills in group/team situation
10) Increase participant self-esteem
11) Improve understanding and appreciation for diversity among participants
12) Increase responsiveness to various preferences for learning
13) Reinforce the outcome
14) Identify viable paths to obtain the agreed upon outcome
15) One to add _________________?
TAKE THIS ACTION NOW
By signing up for the FREE 'Encouragement Level' Membership [[or right top side - Membership Details = Register]] you will receive one or two monthly updates on the latest management excellence, organization mapping and organizational culture tips, tools and techniques available through WELLth Learning Network and its affiliates. Access to these insights is worth your time and effort to enter your name and email address above.
(c) 2011 March … If you use this post to educate others about facilitation and facilitating, a reference to its location and/or www.wellthlearning.com is appreciated. For more information about management/leadership excellence, organization mapping and organization culture, and the importance of guiding manager-leaders to their awesomeness Use the Contact Page, Email email@example.com or Call 1-403-875-0449. We look forward to hearing from you. Comments are appreciated below.
Photography: Ambrose Samulski